Monday, July 28, 2008

Agony Ride

This weekend Brandon and I had the opportunity to work at the Agony ride for Christian Encounter Ministries. The agony is their yearly fund raiser- people ride their bikes for 24 hours. I have worked at 6 other agonies and each year I am humbled and amazed and proud. I leave feeling rejuvenated and appreciative of the sacrifice that others are willing to make. The riders come in to the SAG (Stop and Go) stations and they are tired and achy, but they press on. The keep riding. When the sun goes down and it is FREEZING cold overnight, they keep riding. When it is windy and hot, they keep riding. I watch them and feel so proud of them. I am so thankful for them, they are truly God's people. This year over $113k was raised. There was also a new record set- 374 miles! Wow!

No comments: