Saturday, December 20, 2008

Family Update

I spent the afternoon wrapping. Our tree is bursting with gifts- we are truly blessed. I am getting more and more excited for Christmas to come- not for me, but for the girls! I love seeing their eyes light up on Christmas morning as they come out to see what Santa has left. They are too cute!

Hannah has been sick the last few days. It is a bummer, but I am glad that she is sick now and not on Christmas. I think she is on the tail end of it, her fever has been gone for almost 24 hours. Claire has been very sweet to her- giving her lots of kisses and loves. We have spent most of our time snuggling on the couch watching Christmas specials off of the DVR. It is nice to not have an agenda and just spend time with my kiddos. I miss them and love it when we cuddle.

Brandon has been busy with work. He seems a bit distant lately and I know that he is stressed. It has been a big change for him too and he is struggling with a loss of personal time. He is used to having his "days off" and with me back at work those aren't happening. Sure he isn't going into work, but he is at home with the girls now. I used to get so frustrated because he would think that I had days off everyday because I was at home. I think he is starting to realize what a false perception this is. I hope that he gets used to it and makes the best of it. It is just a season and this too shall pass.

2 comments:

ellen b. said...

Hi Katie,
Thanks for visiting my tour of homes. I do know where your aunt's salon is and how fun that you were born and raised here. It really is a nice place to live. Have a very merry Christmas and I'll check out the Salon. I wonder if they offer massages cuz I could really use one right about now!!

Katie said...

You are welcome Ellen. Yes the salon does offer massages- they are fantastic.