Thursday, September 11, 2014

Time Goes By

The last time I blogged was almost 2 years ago! My life has been consumed with Grad school, but now that journey has come to an end. I am officially finished with school forever! Well, that is not entirely true, but I have no intentions on gaining a higher level degree. I do have an obligation to continue to obtain CEU's which leads to continued learning, but nothing like the journey of obtaining a degree!

I find myself in sort of a funk now that school is over. My title of "Student" has been a HUGE part of my life, time, and identity. Without this official title, I am in a bit of a lull. I craved this time; struggling through the past year of grad school holding onto the light at the end of the tunnel. Now that it is here, I don't know what to do with myself! On a practical level, I have plenty on my plate still; 3,000 supervised hours to obtain, children to continue to invest into, a husband who keeps me on my toes, a household to manage, and a job at my Church which I love. It's not that I have nothing to do, it's the fact that I am wrestling with settling into my shifted identity. School offered me structure and routine; I could always depend on an assignment that was looming. Despite the struggle to keep pressing on, school gave me predictability. I didn't anticipate this feeling of lacking once my program was complete. I am anticipating that I will settle in to my new "normal", but for now I am in a transitional period--  grappling with the adjustment process.

In other news, my "little" girls aren't so little anymore. I was looking at my long, lean, beautiful daughters trying to remember when they were small. I was in awe that they were ever little- they are now up to my shoulders in height and maturing into beautiful young ladies! Claire is in 5th grade this year. This is her last year of Elementary school. My stomach is doing flips just typing that out-- my little girl is almost a Middle Schooler! EEKS! She is evolving into her own person; a girl with a huge heart for others, a joyful servant, and a great friend. Hannah is in 4th grade and is blossoming. She is a talented artist and holds big hopes for her future. She is a thoughtful, witty, creative young lady. Both of them make my heart beam! I am so blessed to have these amazing girls. They challenge me to the core, but I couldn't imagine life any other way.




Cancun; August 2014









We went to Mexico to celebrate the completion of my degree. My family earned this trip just as much as I did! Here are some of my favorite photos. It was a memorable trip!








No comments: